Don't let a little thing like money hold you back!
Here's a list to get you started. Whether you are looking for grant, loans, investors or crowd-sourcing we've pulled together everything we can find. Any edits or additions? Send us a letter and please let us know. Happy hunting!
Grants/ Loans/ Credits/Access/Competitions Government Related
- Alberta Innovates Tech Futures (AITF) Vouchers + $300K Demo Fund - Funds for tech commercialization projects
- AITF Commercialization OR Research Associates - Grant toward the salary of a qualified candidate
- AITF Health Product Development - For SMEs and offers $100,000 or $150,000 for product development.
- AITF Clinical Demonstration Program - For SMEs testing novel health technologies in a clinical setting. Offers 50% up to $200,000.
- WO WINN Western Diversification - no interest loans to bridge market capture
- Leadership grants for small business & entrepreneurs
- SR&ED Federal+ Alberta credits - Grants and tax credits for development and research (can be retroactive)
- Business Startup Tax Checklist
- NRC - IRAP - Research grants for commercial potential l CYBF - Small loans and financing for young entrepreneurs (SPIN MASTER INNOVATION FUND)
- Royal Bank - KBI (Knowledge Based Industries unit)
- BOC.ca - Federal Venture Business Development Bank + new $100K Young Entrepreneurs prize ( 18-35)
- AVAC - primary fund is non equity - repay double out of Royalty stream once healthy.
- AWE - Alberta Women Entrepreneurs www.awebusiness.com ($150K growth lending+ mentoring coaching and network access)
- TecTerra - commercialization grants in geomatics technology sector
- BioAlberta - MPDP - $75k medical product development programs and links
- Canarie Cloud Computing - Federallevelcloud support + DA IR Digital Accelerator program free/portable cloud services to startups
- Sustainable Development Tech Fund (SDTC) - late stage development pre-commercial demo of clean tech firstname.lastname@example.org CCEMC - Climate Change and Emissions Management Fund
- CCEMC - Climate Change and Emissions Management Fund
- NextGen BioFuels Fund -1'1 -of-kind comm scale demo facilities nextgen renew fuels & co-products from waste streams
- ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative (ecoEll) - $97M Action Plan two funding streams: R&D projects+demo projects.
- PTAC - Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada
- Build In Canada Innovation Program - government acts as first customer
- Global Commerce Support - federal gov't helping SMEs with foreign partners in R+D
- International Science and Technology Program - collaborative research in China, India, Israel, Brazil + California
- VenturePrize Competition - students and fast growth for whole community of entrepreneurs in Alberta
- Clean Tech Open - $100K + $200K in kind services
- NSERC , MITACS,plus more....
Angel Groups + Venture Capital + Product Development Partnering
- Alberta Deal Generator - AlOO + Angel group Innovate Calgary screen & pitch development assistance
- AVAC Angel Accelerate Co-Fund - Alberta Enterprise Angel Fund - up to 50% of capital in a co-round
- VA Angels - (Venture Alberta) Angelgroup made of some AlOO members
- Foundation Equity II- VC invest post revenue stage
- iNovia - VC Most active tech VC in Alberta
- Avrio Ventures - VC commercialization & growth stage industrial bioproducts, nutraceutica l ingredients & food tech
- Yaletown - VC Alberta office now
- Chrysalix - VC Alberta active clean tech focus
- 32 Degrees - private capital early stage oil and gas companies and energy service,equipment and manufacturing businesses
- Azure - early stage technology companies that are at the forefront of a transformative opportunity for growth
- Banff Venture Forum - Annual Banff Springs Hotel via Capital Road Screen
- BDC.ca - VC division with over $400MM to finance companies in health,clean tech, diversified, communications and IT
- CNSX -IPO low cost prospectus public offering ventu re exchange can be @ $1MM
- C100:48hrs in the Valley - CAN Consul Palo Alto - mentors, workshops, investor meet,strategic networking + RocketSpace
- GA Boston - 48 hrs in the HUB - CAN Consul Boston+Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England - Gobal IT and life sciences hub.
- TRTech labs - ICT industry product development partnering *
- CTA New York - CAN Consul Tech Accelerator - workshops, investor meetups, strategic partner networking
Alternative or Open Innovation Funding Platforms
- All about crowdfunding
- Fund Break
- Alberta BoostR
- JumpStart Fund
Open Innovation Ideas
- Search Portals
- Canada Business
- The Funding Portal