We hold the outrageous belief that banking can change people’s lives for the better. Make their time richer, and their happiness deeper, just by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Channel 21 Internal Agency – ATB
You’re extra curious about this, aren’t you?
You’re curious because it’s a posting for a “bank” and that’s like, the antithesis of creativity. We politely disagree (we’re Canadians, after all.) Check out some of our work at https://creative.atb.com and decide for yourself. We’re a team of talented, smart, REALLY NICE people who love doing great, award-winning work.
Right now, we’re down an ACD so we’re on the hunt for a bit of a unicorn. We’ve got a stable of them here in CH21 so we know they’re out there. Thinkers, doers, collaborators...someone who’s the whole creative package. Someone with a zest for conceptualizing, an aptitude for the tools of the trade and an eagerness to mentor a talented and hungry team of creatives (please DO feed the creatives.)
Our accomplished team includes everyone from junior and senior designers, copywriters, animators, web designers, developers, videographers, and external resources on tap. There’s some great thinking—and creating—to do here, and some amazing projects to be involved in.
You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
You’ll run a balance between thinking and doing, to ensure we produce outrageously good work and develop a highly successful team. On any given day, you could be head-down designing, head-up listening and coaching, leading brainstorms, directing photo and video shoots, or presenting some “big idea” strategic thinking for both campaigns and brand materials.
The position reports directly to the Creative Director who would like you to:
- Develop outstanding creative concepts and flawlessly execute on them (duh)
- Work alongside Channel 21 senior leaders to ensure the team culture, capabilities, tools and processes support ATB's brand, marketing and strategic objectives
- Coach, mentor and motivate the team to world-class results in creative execution
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Track projects and be accountable for all assigned deliverables to be met on time and on budget
- Conduct brand audits of all materials and evolve all required team tools (ie. brand guidelines) as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field. ‘Related’ could, include any design-focused field such as advertising, visual communications, graphic design, fine arts, etc.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience as a brand-building visual strategist on either the client or agency side, working within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary creative team environment
- 8+ years experience as an agency or in house art director or designer who has managed a team and who has a proven record of motivating, inspiring, and getting the best out of his/her people
- Impressive art direction experience in digital and traditional media, with an enviable understanding of aesthetics.
- A high-performing work ethic, ability to adapt quickly, and a team player attitude (regardless of hierarchy within the team)
- Organized and focused on clients while respecting the workloads and workflows of fellow team members
- Entrepreneurial (takes initiative on all levels)
- Committed to self development and to the development of others in the department to ensure the highest calibre of performance
- Ability to direct and meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams
- Advanced skills in design applications as well as office and organizational software (we are a G-Suite company)
- Strong understanding of industry direction and currents
ATB is the biggest (dare we say, funnest) financial institution in Alberta with over 5,000 employees. Yet we’re literally the kind of place where you can go have a chat with the CEO. Our entire mandate is about transforming our industry, and we’re a company that is focused on telling stories and living our truths. We’re on every Best Employer in Canada list that counts, because we’ve taken the notion of putting our employees first, elevated it out of the realm of corporate cliché, and made it real. Mind-blowingly real.
Advancement. Fun. Rewards...We get it, we give it.
So what can ATB offer you, aside from a coveted spot on our creative team? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change...now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice, we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.