FKA’s Edmonton office is seeking a Communications and Content Specialist with at least five to seven years experience in marketing and communications, including social media management.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications and Content Specialist is responsible for communications strategic planning and implementation across a variety of formats, including digital.
The successful candidate will provide strategic counsel and support the whole team within FKA, as well as for clients, while showcasing their writing prowess across a variety of formats — whether strategic documentation and reports to media releases, brochure copy and social media posts that compel and persuade.
The Communications and Content Specialist will work with colleagues in departments throughout our agency — creative, interactive, communications, media, and account service to understand and articulate our strategy and approach to integrated marketing communications initiatives that drive results for clients. This will require cultivating collaborative working relationships with FKA’s clients, as well as vendors, partners and internal team members.
Put simply, we’re looking for a well-rounded communicator who can make the complex seem simple and who loves strategizing and writing inspiring content. And above all — someone who can keep up with our pace, wants to be part of an ambitious team and is eager to continue learning.
- Develops and implements communications strategies (both short- and long-term) in support of clients across a range of sectors.
- Writes and edits a wide variety of communications materials, including communications plans, reports, news releases and backgrounders, social media, key messages, web content, feature articles, brochures, speaking notes and presentations, newsletter copy, as well as promotional items for diverse audiences.
- Monitors and evaluates communications initiatives and activities against benchmarks.
- Serves as a senior writer and editor on a variety of marketing and communications projects and activities.
- Collaborates with client teams, as well as with the FKA team.
- Builds social media strategies across various platforms, monitors and develops reports on progress.
- Develops traditional media materials (e.g., media advisories, news releases and backgrounders), handles distribution (either directly or via wire services) and knows how to effectively pitch media.
- Assists in new business development activities, including drafting RFP submissions and presentation pitches.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in a communications role.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related discipline (marketing, communications/PR, journalism or related field).
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills, including solid proficiency in adhering to the CP style guide and knowledge of communications best practices.
- Proven ability to build social media strategies, implement, monitor and evaluate/report, as well as create dynamic, engaging social media content for a wide variety of audiences, across diverse sectors and industries.
- Proficiency and experience with computer software and technologies, such as the Google platform, Microsoft Office and Apple products (e.g., Keynote, Pages, Numbers, etc.) and social media applications.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, trust, tact and diplomacy with a commitment to high standards of professionalism.
- Proven relationship-building skills and service-minded focus for clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse range of people, including senior executives, management teams and committees.
- Proficiency in project management including leading and managing print and digital communications processes to successful completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven to be someone who takes initiative and is detail-oriented, a creative problem solver, a critical thinker and self-organized.
- Membership in the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is an asset.
We’re seeking individuals inspired to innovate new ways to help our clients reach their objectives and solve their business problems. From morning scrums to cross-discipline mentoring, we’re dedicated to a collaborative environment fostered by a culture of support.
FKA offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. We provide our team members with many opportunities for training and professional development. Interested applicants are asked to send their cover letter and resume with “Communications and Content Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday, May 18th, but apply early because if you pique our interest, we’ll call you right away.