Who We Are
gskinner is an award-winning digital studio in Edmonton, Canada. We are a small team of talented, passionate professionals who get out of bed every day eager to work together and create innovative digital solutions which expand creative and technical boundaries.
For 20 years, we've collaborated with amazing clients (like Google, Microsoft, Adobe, and Disney) to create industry-leading applications, websites, and experiences using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies.
We value curiosity, passion, flexibility, and personal growth along with a work-life balance to foster long-term relationships.
Due to COVID-19, we've been working remotely for over a year, which has worked well for us. We're planning to remain remote for the time being, while increasing in-person meet-ups when it is safe to do so, evaluating and adapting to our team's needs.
Who You Are
You are an industry professional in digital media, and thrive leading and coordinating projects and teams to deliver high-quality experiences.
You combine a passion for producing innovative and diverse work with reliable processes and attention to detail to ensure a high level of quality and adherence to budgets and timelines.
You are comfortable working with established processes, as well as improving and coming up with your own to fit project and client needs.
You have strong communication skills to effectively coordinate internal and external stakeholders, often remotely. You can lead project meetings, empower team members, and address client concerns with calm assertiveness.
You are self-motivated, disciplined, and take initiative to develop yourself and others grow and hone their skills.
You have endless curiosity, love experimentation and play, and approach new challenges with confidence and pragmatism.
You also come with these skills and experience:
- 3+ years of digital design, development, or project experience, with at least 2 years creating and implementing cohesive plans for websites, apps, or experiences with cross-functional teams
- Experience with typical project management processes and frameworks
- Quality assurance management
- An understanding of how to bridge the needs of design, development, and clients
- The ability to analyze and communicate project health
If possible, please provide examples of projects or products that you delivered, their approximate scope (in dollars or person-weeks), and how you contributed to their success or overcame challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing
Creating amazing work with talented people.
- Work closely with our clients, leadership, designers, and developers to define, produce, and deliver industry-leading digital experiences, apps, and products
- Collaborate or independently solve complex problems and find creative solutions which help clients realize their objectives
- Create and manage timelines, with flexibility to accommodate demanding clients, uncertain technology, and tight deadlines
- Help to foster learning, excellence, and innovation within the company
- Understand both technical and creative visions of projects to ensure quality objectives are met
- Explore, share, and implement new processes, tools, frameworks, and strategies to improve project management, quality management, and internal strategy
- Experience with Kanban, Agile, or other project management frameworks
- A design or development background and the willingness to pitch in to help a project along when appropriate.
- Experience with business operations, strategy, and leadership
- Familiarity or experience with testing frameworks, unit tests, or general quality assurance practices
- Writing skills, experience contributing to project briefs, SOWs, estimates, client deliveries, and process documentation
- A portfolio showing experience with emerging technologies
- Interesting hobbies and unique perspectives on the world
- Live in or near Edmonton, AB
We offer competitive wages based on experience and proven ability, comprehensive health benefits, bonuses, and a great work/life balance.
Introduce yourself, let us know why gskinner is the right fit for you, what excites you about the role, and include your résumé, and links to project case-studies, or a portfolio. We are accepting applications for individuals currently residing in Canada.
If you are interested but don’t quite fit the role, apply anyways and tell us why you would make an awesome addition to our team.
- Bonus pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
We are fully remote.
- Project Management: 2 years (required)