We’re hiring an Information Architect / User Experience Consultant to join our Edmonton-based team. If you’re a creative problem solver with an understanding of IA and UX principles and techniques, this could be for you.
nForm has been doing IA and UX work since 2003, so we’re not new to this game. We’ve built a supportive, collaborative environment where dedicated professionals can do quality work as they learn from one another.
Experience has taught us that finding people with the right attitude and interests is more important than checking off a list of skills, so if you don’t meet every requirement that’s okay. If you think the position sounds interesting, please get in touch–we’d love to talk with you!
We tend to work from a toolbox of methods, applying the right technique to solve the problem at hand. We don’t follow rigid processes or have templated deliverables. The essence of what we do is:
- Help to understand and define our customers’ problems using a variety of research methods
- Help to solve those problems using a collaborative, iterative approach
- Help to validate the proposed solution using automated or in-person techniques
Achieving these three goals means we need to:
- Collaborate with clients, designers and other analysts to identify the best solutions to a problem
- Interview stakeholders and facilitate workshops to gain an understanding of the problem and develop consensus
- Create interview scripts and usability test plans, and then act on them
- Assess data from multiple sources (UX research, SEO, product requirements, analytics) and synthesize it in order to frame problems and explore solutions
- Interpret research results, using them to feed and justify recommendations
- Communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
- Create and effectively present IA and UX deliverables to stakeholders and teams
- Stay current on emerging trends in information architecture, user-centered methodologies, accessibility, and usability
- Produce a variety of deliverables, including research plans, surveys, interview scripts, site maps, metadata schemas, navigation systems, personas, journey maps, and more
- Write and communicate clearly
You’ll be right for this role if you have:
- The right experience
- A minimum four years’ experience working on digital solutions such as web sites, intranets, web applications, mobile applications or related products in a professional capacity
- The right soft skills
- An inherent curiousity and a questioning disposition
- A passion for shaping great user experiences
- You’re a good communicator, with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- You can produce quality results within a project\'s timeline and budget.
- Quick to lend a hand wherever necessary, especially when it allows you to learn a new skill
- Able to give and receive critique in order to make the end result better
- You listen well, but you also know when to challenge ideas
- You are detail-oriented and can manage time effectively
- You take pride in your work
- You’re able to explore and learn about new industries quickly
- Able to travel occasionally
- The right technical skills
- Understanding of Information Architecture and Content Strategy
- Understanding of user experience design processes and methods
- Ability to clearly communicate user needs to team members and clients in a way that easily translates insights into actionable outcomes
- Working knowledge of responsive web design
- You have a degree or certification in business analysis, design, communications, or a related field
What We Offer
- A challenging, team-oriented work environment,
- Mentorship from exceptional senior resources that are passionate about user experience
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Paid holidays and personal time
- Favourable flex fund
- A commitment to professional development and ongoing opportunities to stretch your skills
- Work-life balance (Seriously – we’re not just saying that)
How to Apply
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity we\'d love to chat! In your application please include your
- Experience – Tell us a little about your relevant experience. If you can share work samples, or a story about a recent project, that would be great. Be prepared to tell us about your preferred work methods.
- Cover letter – detailing why you are the best candidate for this role and why nForm is the ideal company for you. If your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. This position closes the end of the day on Friday, March 2.