Pixel Designs is a growing web design and development firm with an office in Edmonton, AB, and Victoria, BC. We are looking to add a maintenance plan technician to our current team.
What You’ll Do
The job involves managing a large roster of websites, keeping them up-to-date and troubleshooting any issues caused during the process. The vast majority of the websites we maintain run on WordPress and the WordPress plugin ecosystem.
In addition, if you have development experience or have the desire to learn development skills, you may have the opportunity to take on some small-to-medium development tasks.
- A solid understanding of the WordPress ecosystem including: use of the plugin ecosystem, understanding the concept of theming, and custom post types and taxonomies.
- Ability to manage your own schedule, you will be responsible for running your own roster of websites.
- A high level of attention to detail, important when testing a website post-update to ensure everything is working as expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our team.
- Be a troubleshooter, be motivated to learn/work to resolve issues and be able to work independently.
- Be technologically-minded, open to and capable of learning new software and digital tools.
- Have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down.
- 1-2 years working with or running WordPress websites.