Competition No.: 218163
Closing Date: Open Until Suitable Candidate Has Been Found
NAIT’s Centre for Innovative Media (CIM) is focused on supporting technical development and acceleration of platform and content for Small to Medium (SME) sized businesses within Alberta’s $573-million digital media industry. This includes companies that develop commercial software, apps, movies, animations, web platforms, games, and supplementary content. The CIM is one of NAIT’s applied research Centre’s that houses the experts, equipment, and lab environments to help partner companies develop and commercialize new digital products.
The Senior Technical Lead, Serious Gaming and Simulation position works in close collaboration with the CIM Director, Business Development and reports to the Director, Research Operations. The Senior Technical Lead will be a key member of the CIM’s leadership team, primarily providing technical guidance and expertise as well as project management cycles. The Senior Technical Lead collaborates with other CIM team members to deliver on industry-funded projects.
Cool industry projects include platform migration, simulator development, virtual and augmented reality development experiences, 3D digital asset development, video injection into gaming platform technologies – to name a few.
One of Alberta’s Top Employers for a seventh consecutive year, NAIT offers a wealth of personal and family health and well-being benefits, training and development opportunities to support the professional growth of our staff, access to recreational and leisure facilities, a welcoming and inclusive environment unrivaled in engagement and dynamism, and co-workers who are collaborative, respectful and supportive.
• Develops and manages project deliverables, milestones, and budgets
• Closely collaborates with the Centre’s Director, Business Development to support Centre growth, new initiatives, and contributes to establishing new funding opportunities through grant and proposal writing
• Being the lead technical expert in their discipline, provides technical direction to the development team
• Coaches and manages Technical Project Developers, as well as student project efforts where applicable
• Coordinates with NAIT staff and faculty, students, and industry partners to produce outcomes identified for each project
• Performs some financial reporting and other administrative duties as required
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical focus in design, animation, or other related field
• Proficiency with C++ or C# as a software developer or game developer.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Agile or SCRUM project management experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working within Unity3D Pro, potential additional experience using Unreal, Frostbite, Cryengine, or other
• Minimum 5 years’ of directly related, industry, or applied research experience, with at least one major platform project or product release (game, simulator, or similar interactive project)
• Proficiency with at least one system of a game engine (physics, AI, animation, networks, other)
• Experience with system design, instructional design, serious games, outcomes based online learning, 3D modeling, digital object stores, media rendering, sharing, workflows and distribution, machine learning, artificial intelligence, systems testing, hybrid on premise and cloud based solutions, and the application of these skills in industrial applications will be considered strong assets
• Strong understanding of the mechanics of foosball, regardless of skill and experience
Remuneration: $82,756.44 - $109,642.00 + a comprehensive benefit package
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.