Competition No.: 218119
Closing Date: June 12, 2018
One of Alberta’s Top Employers for a seventh consecutive year, NAIT offers a wealth of personal and family health and well-being benefits, training and development opportunities to support the professional growth of our staff, access to recreational and leisure facilities, a welcoming and inclusive environment unrivaled in engagement and dynamism, and co-workers who are collaborative, respectful and supportive.
Focused on boosting productivity in Alberta’s $573-million digital media industry, which includes companies that develop software, apps, movies, animation and games, the CIM will enable NAIT to house the experts, equipment and environments to help partner companies develop and commercialize new digital products.
Reporting to the Associate Dean Research, and working in close collaboration with the Centre Director, Business Development, the Senior Technical Theme Lead will be a key member of the CIM’s leadership team, providing technical expertise as well as project management cycles.
Current work will include platform development efforts in the evolution of serious games, training platforms, digital learning objects, and the evaluation of the effectiveness of these applied research projects.
- Development and management of project deliverables, milestones, and budgets
- Closely collaborating with the Centre Director, Business Development to support Centre growth, new initiatives, and new funding opportunities including grant and proposal writing
- Being the lead technical expert in their discipline, providing technical direction to the development team
- Coaching and managing Technical Project Developers, as well as student project efforts where applicable
- Coordinating with NAIT staff and faculty, students, and industry partners to produce outcomes identified for each project
- Some financial reporting and other administrative duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical focus in design, animation, or other related field
- Proficiency with C++ or C# as a software developer or game developer.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Agile or SCRUM project management experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within Unity3D Pro, potential additional experience using Unreal, Frostbite, or Cryengine
- Minimum 5 years’ of directly related, industry, or applied research experience, with at least one major platform project or product release (game, simulator, or similar interactive project)
- Proficiency with at least one system of a game engine (physics, AI, animation, networks, other)
- Experience with system design, instructional design, serious games, outcomes based online learning, 3D modeling, digital object stores, media rendering, sharing, workflows and distribution, machine learning, artificial intelligence, systems testing, hybrid on-premise and cloud based solutions, and the application of these skills in industrial applications will be considered strong assets
Remuneration: $82,756.44 - $109,642.00 + a comprehensive benefit package
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html