At Showbie, we’re building tools to help teachers transform their classrooms by delivering faster, more engaging, and more impactful feedback and assessment to their students. Our apps, Showbie and Socrative, are used by millions of teachers and students in classrooms worldwide.
We are proudly based in Edmonton, Canada, but we have a rapidly growing global team located across Canada, the United Kingdom, Norway, and the United States.
We are comprised of people who are passionate about empowering educators as they use technology to redefine and improve their classrooms. Our values of tenacity, caring, and curiosity guide our attitudes and actions each day.
Reporting to Showbie’s Brand Manager, the Social Media and Content Strategist will manage our social media channels and web content while collaborating with the broader marketing team on the content plan. You will tailor content to the specific audience and platforms while creating a cohesive Showbie ‘voice’. While you will be engaging with the audience, you will also focus on building a quality, relevant community, based on specific business goals.
You will need to understand social media best practices for managing and reporting onTwitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin, and Pinterest, and how to leverage our existing content while looking for opportunities to add additional web content for the purpose of SEO and lead generation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day content and engagement of our social media platforms including (but not limited to): Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and YouTube
- Optimize new and existing content
- Engage with followers to build community and redirect to appropriate channels
- Maintain a monthly social media and content calendar with input from internal stakeholders that may include our partner network
- Drive results to purchasing site leveraging social media
- Creation and implementation of our digital brand story including content capture and production
- Understand how to analyze and prepare metrics for Marketing Leadership
- Track key social media analytics including both paid and organic
- Monitor KPI’s and provide insights to internal stakeholders
- Report web acquisition stats (using Google Analytics) to evaluate specific content
- Have a background in marketing, communications, or journalism
- Experience in writing or as a marketing content writer
- Have 4+ years managing social media platforms (and have a point of view on how they should be run and how they differ in terms of content type/style and audience)
- Understand how to leverage keyword research when writing content
- Have the innate ability to tell stories but are passionate about data
- Experience with website analysis tools (Google Analytics) as well as internal reporting tools
- Understand the nuances of different voices and tones and how that can reflect our brand
- Need to be passionate about building community online (bringing people together in unique and creative ways)
- Experience with boosted social media and managing a budget
- Use of social media tools such as Hootsuite, Canva, Buffer, Hubspot, etc.
What You Can Expect From Us
- At Showbie be 100% yourself. We like it that way. We welcome all team members (and candidates) and celebrate your diverse voice. Regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious belief, or status, we want to meet you!
- The autonomy to make decisions and execute them. We’re growing, but we’re a small team. Everything you do makes a difference and your input will always be celebrated.
- Transparency. You will always be kept up to date on the company strategy through monthly town halls.
- A beautiful comfy office located in central downtown Edmonton (close to great restaurants, cafes, and public transit). Includes weekly SPUD deliveries, a kick-ass espresso machine, ping-pong and foosball, and lots of board games. (Currently closed in accordance with provincial health guidelines.)
- We offer a flexible work environment. Work from the office, or from home, or any combination of the two. Because sometimes you do your best work in your slippers.
- We value work-life balance. When we're at work we're excited and focused on building a great product. We also know that going “home” (or simply closing your laptop) and not working weekends or Christmas makes us even more excited to come to work and do great things.
- Friday afternoon socials, monthly team events, hackathons, awesome Christmas parties, and a team that actually likes to hang out with one another.
- You’ll be decked out in new Apple gear and all the tools you need to help you do your job.
- Extended health benefits (including eyecare, massages, physiotherapy, and mental health supports)
- Three weeks vacation plus a week of flex time and time off at Christmas.
Check out our Work at Showbie page to learn a little bit about our company culture and the benefits we offer to our team. We pride ourselves on a company culture that values the whole you. We like to have fun as much as we like to work.
This role is based in: Edmonton, Alberta (remote candidates will be considered)