Not your everyday marketing position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month reaches new heights.
- Social Media Marketer / SMM Specialist
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (SEO specialist, writer, video editor, PPC specialist, media and marketing communications, marketing project manager, business analyst, software developer, and more). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Get to know our multiple brands over the long-term to produce deep insight "wow" results that continue our brands' fast growth.
- 90% internal marketing projects (for our 5+ technology offerings), 10% client billable marketing projects.
- Gain valuable career experience with campaigns from mature departments to early stage start-up departments, and from patented disruptive products to more routine competitive sectors.
- Gain experience with both small and large campaigns.
- Be the chief person responsible for social media engagement.
- Campaigns separately targeting many audience groups including customers, existing distributors, targeted future distributors, job candidates, industry influencers specific to each department, and SEO targets such as bloggers.
- Original content distribution, content curation, and discussion engagement.
- Focus on higher quality content at the expense of frequency, rather than posting just for the sake of having frequent posts.
- Supported with original content provided by inhouse writers, graphic designers, and video editors.
- Discussions will include casual topics to build relationships, collecting ideas for features, getting feedback on product roadmaps, clarifying brand positioning, and breaking the ice for recruiting or sales.
- Learn about departments from stakeholders, extracting precise information from them.
- Mature into a master social media strategist: budgeted time for research and strategic thought about where to post, audiences and individuals to target, optimal hashtags, centers of interaction, and ways of increasing results.
- Occasionally provide brainstorming, feedback, or committee participation to other specialized roles like SEO or PPC, especially if it involves your secondary skillsets.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning of marketing endeavours, especially for launching new departments.
- Most major platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, FaceBook, Instagram, YouTube, web forums, and industry specific forums.
- Does not involve writing long articles and building your own graphical content (we have writers and designers for that, you will naturally generate shorter form text content).
- Does not involve SEO.
- Does not involve constant time-constrainted projects for clients where the budget does not allow for amazing "wow" results, or justifying social media marketing to people who do not understand it.
- This is not a role created due to social media hype and with no understanding of its best uses or limitations: this role will be an integral part of many endeavors, with high but realistic expectations.
- Superb written English communication skills.
- Passionate about and great at building relationships with people online.
- Can read and reply to people online for extended periods of time.
- Positive attitude that shows through with your writing.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit and potential rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with companies that sell to other companies (B2B).
- Knows a lot about geeky technology topics.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more 🙂
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Pleasant Solutions is a dynamic company headquartered in Edmonton, a large satellite office in Toronto/Vancouver, and small satellite offices across Canada and the USA (including in Calgary, Ottawa, Saskatoon, New York, Denver, Boston, etc)
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative software producer with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting the https://careers.pleasantsolutions.com site.
- social marketing manager
- social marketing specialist
- social media marketing
- social media specialist
- social media manager
- social media promotion
- social media promoter
- social media analyst
- social media consultant
- digital marketing specialist
- social media relations
- video marketing
- SMM specialist
- public relations
- social marketing managers
- social marketing specialists
- social media specialists
- social media managers
- social media promotions
- social media promoters
- social media analysts
- social media consultants
- digital marketing specialists
- video marketers
- SMM specialists