dynacor – learning evolved
Want an opportunity to build the path as you walk it?
Lead and participate in decisions for engaging interaction and visual design?
Be the champion of UX and UI theory through outstanding visual and interaction development in engaging projects?
dynacor is seeking an enthusiastic and talented User Experience (UX) - User Interface (UI) Designer.
The successful candidate will work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that creates a variety of engaging user-centred products.
dynacor is a leader in the eLearning solutions market. Our engaging learning content is cutting edge and helps clients solve their training and orientation needs. We excel at combining the right mix of video production, 3D modelling, animation, virtual reality and interactive programming to maximize training effectiveness for our leading petrochemical and petroleum, utility, manufacturing, government, and educational clients. We are always on the hunt for innovative ways to capture our learners’ minds, improve our processes, and ultimately exceed the expectations of our clients.
This position will work collaboratively with members of the project team to evolve product effectiveness by optimizing usability, accessibility and overall production efficiency. This role is responsible for design decisions that will be implemented in various dynacor projects. This will be achieved by using a variety of techniques that inform and confirm visual, interactive design and architecture for the respective projects. Depending on project types this role will work in collaboration with project/team members to determine object workflows and develop prototypes to guide project decisions. Though the application and breadth of use of these techniques will vary from project to project, it will be the foundation of the decisions required to develop a successful, efficient product.
- Championing UX design principles in-house
- Ensure effective research guides design and production decisions.
- Creating assets for mobile and web applications that are easy to use.
- Interpreting the client’s visual guidelines that align to best design practice.
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps as needed to communicate and test ideas effectively.
- Design user-centred interfaces and graphics for a variety of end uses including:
- Online course development
- Custom Apps
- Virtual Reality menus
- Employing relevant research techniques to guide design and interaction decisions.
- Conduct concept and usability testing.
- Collaborate with production team as required to implement innovative solutions.
- Creation of visual assets and interface design.
- A diploma or degree focusing in visual communication design, as well as professional experience, is required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Expertise in UX theory and direct application of best practices.
- Expert knowledge in research gathering.
- Strong design skills for online development.
- Creation of visual assets for animation.
- Expert knowledge of the following programs is essential: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, After Effects) Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- An understanding of app development and web-delivered apps, Virtual Reality (VR), and social media uses and tools.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication, and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work independently, are fundamental.
- A basic understanding of servers, networks, and file management is also a necessity.
- Familiarity with the production processes used in creating multimedia components such as digital images, digital video, and interactive multimedia programming is also required.
Recommended but not required:
- Understanding of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Applicants are required to provide a portfolio demonstrating their work and design process with selected projects.
- 250 word brief outlining your UX/UI philosophy and application.
Resumes submitted without a portfolio or UX/UI brief will not be reviewed.