Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Channel 21 – ATB Financial
The Web Developer works as a key contributor to our internal awarding winning agency Channel 21 and is responsible for the construction of web pages and sites including wireframing and storyboarding, functional prototypes and translating mockups to fully functional, and responsive finished products. This role understands the importance of combining the art of design with the art of programming. This person will work with other creatives, Web Designers and UX Visual Designers to bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation. The individual will take an active role on both sides to define how the application looks as well as how it works. A solid background in server-side development, with knowledge of industry-standard CMS platforms like WordPress (theme and plugin development) and similar constructs would be a huge asset.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Contribute to overall creative & graphic design governance for ATB’s Internal Agency;
- Propose tools and make recommendations as needed for ATB’s Intranet/Internet website budget
- Design, build and monitor applications for ATB’s Internet/Intranet websites
- Research and plan for changing user requirements and technology advances
- Keep current with other financial institutions’ Internet and Intranet web sites and development practices
- Develop interactive marketing tools to support business
- Provide assistance in other marketing reporting needs
- Determine and recommend the resources necessary for web operations
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling.
- Familiar with LAMP, MAMP, and PHP frameworks like Laravel and CodeIgniter.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform minor adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as VS Code, Sketch, Zeplin, and Adobe CS tools is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Basic knowledge of secure web services: privacy, firewalls, encryption, and SSL
- Excellent communication skills; Self-Starter; Highly-Organized; Detail-Oriented; Efficient
- Experience with database structures and custom metrics reporting
- Ability to work with both a team and independently
- Customer-focused and results driven
- University degree, or post-secondary accreditation in a related field and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
As for us, we’re the biggest Alberta financial institution, and we have more than 5,000 employees, yet we’re literally the kind of place where you can talk about voice and tone with the CEO. (You’ll like him.) Our entire mandate is about transforming our industry, and we’re a company that is focused on telling stories. We’re on every Best Employer in Canada list that counts, because we’ve taken the notion of putting our employees first, elevated it out of the realm of corporate cliché, and made it real
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
If you want to know more, read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives.