The 5 things you need to know about the Digital Alberta DirectoryOctober 27, 2016
$1.5 million in new funding to support digital creatives working in AlbertaNovember 22, 2016
Are you interested in working in a digital field after you graduate? Currently registered in a relevant post-secondary program in Alberta? Passionate about all things Internet? We might have just the internship for you!
This is the only time that you’ll read Make money working from home and should believe it.
We’re looking for a student to join our team of board members for 40 hours a month starting this December. And YES! It’s paid. You can work virtually from anywhere in Alberta (most of us are located in Calgary and Edmonton, but no matter). We’ll need you to be available during business hours for some tasks, but there’s also an opportunity to complete hours on evenings and weekends as well. We know things can get hairy around exam time, and we can work around that.
So what exactly would you be doing? Well, not fetching coffee. And no photocopies – we don’t do paper.
- Helping us to grow the Digital Alberta Directory by reaching out to Alberta companies
- Assisting with the deployment of our regular member newsletters
- Contributing to blog posts and website updates
- Chipping in on social media: Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
You’ll be paid $15/hour for 40 hours a month. The internship will start in December and run until the end of April (5 months in total) with an option for an extension into the summer if it suits us both.
So who is the magical candidate?
We’re looking for someone who is…
- An energetic self-starter who doesn’t wait for the deadline to get it done
- At home on the Internet. You’ve managed a website or a blog (and can send us the link)
- Active on social media. Instagram Stories? Oh yeah, that’s old news…
- Passionate about learning and not afraid to say “I don’t know”
- Comfortable engaging with people in person and on the phone
- Excellent written English is a must
Note: To be eligible, you must be enrolled in an Alberta post-secondary institution in a relevant degree or diploma program. Mature students welcome.
Does this sound like you? ARE YOU GETTING EXCITED?
Then it’s time to apply! The deadline is November 30, 2016. Please email your CV to email@example.com along with a short paragraph (no longer than the equivalent of 3 tweets) about why we should hire you. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Digital Alberta is an equal-opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from women, members of a visible minority, persons with a disability and aboriginal persons.