We heard your feedback, and we’ve made some adjustments to the Ember Award categories!
The Ember Awards were created by Digital Alberta over a decade ago to celebrate the digital excellence of individuals and organizations across Alberta.
This summer, Digital Alberta reached out to its stakeholder community to get their feedback on the Ember Award categories, and if they are inclusive and up-to-date with the ever-changing digital industry. Their input has led to the revised list of award categories, which includes two completely new categories: Indigenous Innovation and Technology and Innovation.
2018 Ember Awards Categories:
- Business / Corporate / Hospitality
- Government/ Education
- Arts & Culture / Nonprofit
- Games & Entertainment
- Technology / Experimental
- Display Ad or Campaign
- Paid Search Campaign
- Social Media Campaign
- Non-Profit Project or Campaign
- Cross Platform Campaign
- Browser, Mobile, Desktop or Console
Education & E-Learning
- Industry Training
- Formal Learning (K-12 or Post-Secondary)
- Informal Learning
- Online Course (changed from Massive Open Online Course)
Art & Content
- Short Film/Documentary (Under 30 minutes)
- Commercial Video (30 Seconds or less)
- Innovative Video
- Motion Graphics & Animation
Technology and Innovation
- Software and Applications
- Hardware & Innovation
- Data Driven Innovation
- Emerging Sector
- Mobile Application
- Virtual or Augmented Reality
Applications are open until September 27, 2018. This is your chance to highlight the best of Alberta’s digital innovators!
Also, tickets for the 2018 Ember Awards show are now available! Taking place Friday, November 16 at the Matrix Hotel in Edmonton, this is a must-attend event to meet and mingle with those working in the digital arts, education, and industry!